Re: virtual router running Debian - add gateway to LAN

El 21/02/14 00:23, motty cruz escribió:
Hi, I apologize, but I don't understand this very well.

If i'm on a Machine with IP 10.5.0.32 and want to sent a packet to
10.6.0.20, I don't want the packet to go out to the public but to
10.5.0.6 because that is my gateway to 10.6.0.0/24 <http://10.6.0.0/24>.

I am not filtering traffic or do any port forwarding. I want to add a
route to 10.6.0.0/24 <http://10.6.0.0/24> on 10.5.0.1 gateway.

my understand was to do something like this:

cat /etc/network/interfaces

  iface eth0 inet static
              address 10.5.0.1
              netmask 255.255.255.0
              gateway public IP
              up route add -net 10.6.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 gw 10.5.0.6 dev eth0

this does not work because then all traffic gets routed to that interface, 10.5.0.6 including public traffic.

Thanks,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Vicios <fernando.vicios@gmail.com