Re: Hardware recommendations for a Debian version of IPCop

Quoting Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com>:

I'd like to build a pure(-ish) Debian (stable) firewall/router that
duplicates much of the functionality of IPCop:-

http://linux.voyage.hk/

NOTES: I'm after reliability so scratch FitPC and other mini-toasters,

http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm
http://soekris.com/products.html

Voyage has not caused me any problems so far, I used a fairly large compact flash card, which paid off because I was able to compile compat-wireless directly on the system post install when the wireless wasn't working optimally. I have only used ALIX baords, and not many of them, but no problems so far.

Hope that is of interest

Regards

Jon