Re: New User

Thank you.

It's not my processor but the 33MGz bus on my old firewall. The new one might be bigger. I'll have to check.

On Sep 1, 2008, at 12:40, PEdroArthur_JEdi <pedroarthur.jedi@gmail.com> wrote:

2008/9/1 Tom Allison <tom@tacocat.net>:
It's biggest problem may be that it won't support fast ethernet or Gig-e network traffic between subnets at speed. How big of a CPU do I need for
100MB or 1GB network traffic?

The question isn't, not directly, CPU speed... It's bus speed... Your
question would be how fast my bus must be to exchange data from the
Ethernet interface to the memory and/or processor.

Take a look at: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO-7.html

You will find your answer ;)

--
PEdroArthur_JEdi