Re: enabling ip_forward, slow my network rate

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 04:40:31PM -0400, Manuel Mely wrote:

> >kernel version?

still missing ...

> #lsmod
> iptable_nat             7812  1
> ip_nat                 17740  1 iptable_nat

> I'm not running any firewall rule. The default policies are this:

so why do you have ip_*/xt_* modules loaded? unless I misunderstand your
orig msg, you're just doing

%  sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

then if that's the case, check both situations without unneeded modules.
In the (old) case I mentioned, the w/round was to unload+reload the modules
(if/when needed).

Checking here on Etch + 2.4.25.4, no nf modules, I see no differences
between ip_fw 0/1.

--
paolo