Re: Web Admin smoothwall style

I don't know about how "pretty" it is, but I've tossed a copy of Webmin on my debian box. I've been playing with the Shorewall package as well, and Webmin does have a module for Shorewall. If you have non-cli type users, Webmin plays well into that. All they need to do is type in the URL and you can give them whatever level access you want.

Sometimes though, I wonder if I'm the only one that misses fwadm. Guess I just need to get with the times.

-sp

Bob wrote:
I used to run a debian firewall at home and at a couple of remote locations but the problem is non technical users really need to be able to do things like up date the software and shutdown the firewall without having to ssh in.

Is there a project to make a pretty admin interface for a debian firewall?

Thanks

begin:vcard
fn:Steven Piercy
n:Piercy;Steven
org:Albany Unified School District;Technology Services
adr:;;904 Talbot Ave;Albany;CA;94706;United States of America
email;internet:spiercy@albany.k12.ca.us
title:Network Administrator
tel;work:(510)588-3750
tel;fax:(510)559-6560