Re: working ftp-rules with iptables

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 07:47:48AM +0200, Lutz Feldgen wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I try to get the following working with iptables:
>
> incoming ftp (passive or active)
> outgoing ftp (to single special ftp-server)
> apt-get
>
> Can anybody help me with this, its driving me mad...

First of all, what do you really want ? Running a ftp server on your own
computer or being able to access external ftp server, or perhaps both.

Have a look at those two pictures in order to see the differences between
active and passive mode (french link but it does not matter) :

http://smhteam.info/wiki/index.linux.php5?wiki=DiagrammesFtp

What rules have you tried to run by now ?

--
Franck Joncourt
http://www.debian.org