Re: Linux and Inter-vlan Routing

Hi Tomfi,

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 09:07:48AM +0200, tomfi wrote:

> Yes at this point you must "only" strongly remember that it is
> default/native vlan so not so secure (people are not error prune :) )
> I think one of good practices is to use this vlan as "guest vlan".

Good practice is, not to use it.
In addition the native vlan on links between your switches
(infrastructure devices) should be different than that on links between
your switches and connected hosts if these get trunks.
Than double tagging VLAN hopping is prevented.

Ciao
--
Rainer Nagel, freenet AG                         Rainer.Nagel@freenet.ag
WillstätterStr. 13, D-40549 Düsseldorf           Tel.: +49 211 53087 423