Re: Linux and Inter-vlan Routing

Mahdi Rahimi wrote:
Dear Bart-jan Thanks for attention.
I have correct my network configurations:
 1) remove all interfaces on Debian except 1 interface
 2) connect it to switch 2950 configured as Trunk
 3)
   #modprobe 8021q
   #vconfig add eth0 2
   #vconfig add eth0 4
 4) vi /etc/network/interfaces

    auto eth0

    auto eth0.2
     iface eth0.2  inet static
     address x.x.x.x
    auto eth0.4
     iface eth0.4  inet static
     address x.x.x.x
  5) vi /etc/default/dhcp3-server
     interface "eth0.4"

problems:
1)but my DHCP server don't Work!!! 0n eth0.4 interface.

Mmm, weird. What does syslog say?

2) Is the Vlan ID on 2950 same as on the vconfig?

You don't need (or should?) do the vconfigs yourself. They are done by the interfaces file automagically. If ifup doesn't recognize the vlan, then please add the correct vlan_raw_device statement.

3) My server require any patch?

Dunno. You could run into problems if your network card can't handle larger than normal frames (a tagged vlan increases the frame size by 4 bytes). This is usually a hardware limitation...

--
Tot ziens,

Bart-Jan