Re: Iptables + Squid

My current rule set test is:

#!/bin/bash

### Libera rede interna ###
iptables -A INPUT -s 10.15.192.0/22 -p tcp --dport 3128 -j ACCEPT

### Libera acesso SSH ###
iptables -A INPUT -s 10.15.192.7 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

### Bloqueia demais acessos ###
iptables -A INPUT -j DROP
iptables -A FORWARD -j DROP

it is only to try allow the access on tcp port 3128 and the ssh port 22 and drop all other ports, but, it does not work...

what need i do?

thanks

Harlei

On 2007-08-02 Harlei Liguori wrote:
> i'm trying to config the iptables rules on a server running squid,
> but, i dunno how to do it...

One way would be to start by reading those fine manuals.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Firewall-HOWTO.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/TransparentProxy.html

> my squid proxy is running on the porta 3128... i tryed to allow the
> tcp porta 3128 and drop all other ports, but it does not work... i was
> thinking about the name resolution, then, i must allow the correct
> port, but i dunno which... and i dunno if i need allow other ports to
> config this firewall on this proxy server... can someone help me to do
> it?

Another way would be to post your current ruleset, so people could
hazard a guess about where you went wrong.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"The Mac OS X kernel should never panic because, when it does, it
seriously inconveniences the user."