Iptables + Squid

Hi friends...

i'm trying to config the iptables rules on a server running squid, but, i dunno how to do it...
my squid proxy is running on the porta 3128... i tryed to allow the tcp porta 3128 and drop all other ports, but it does not work... i was thinking about the name resolution, then, i must allow the correct port, but i dunno which... and i dunno if i need allow other ports to config this firewall on this proxy server... can someone help me to do it?

thanks a lot

and sorry for my poor english...

Harlei Liguori Marcelino