Re: working ftp-rules with iptables

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 07:47:48AM +0200, Lutz Feldgen wrote:
> Hi,

> I try to get the following working with iptables:
> incoming ftp (passive or active)
> outgoing ftp (to single special ftp-server)
> apt-get
> Can anybody help me with this, its driving me mad...

First of all, what do you really want ? Running a ftp server on your own
computer or being able to access external ftp server, or perhaps both.

Have a look at those two pictures in order to see the differences between
active and passive mode (french link but it does not matter) :

What rules have you tried to run by now ?

Franck Joncourt
GPG server : pgpkeys.mit.edu
Fingerprint : C10E D1D0 EF70 0A2A CACF 9A3C C490 534E 75C0 89FE