Re: access proxy via PuTTy

Hello Carolyn

I think the problem is:
So you only allow your lokal Network to connect to the proxy but not
"localhost". You should add "Allow" in your configuration

Because you connect from outside to your gateway machine (is that's
Than "sshd" is running on the gateway and tried to connect to
"localhost:8888" or in other words "" but that's not
allowed in your configuration.

Which IP has your gateway in your lokal lan?
If it has (for example) than try in your PuTTY
"" instead of "".

Please tell us (on the list) if it helps.

Best regards

Mario Koppensteiner