Re: Change MTU for forwarded packets

Matt Ryan wrote:

> Microsoft is notorious for acting badly in the scenario where the
> end-to-end MTU is less than 1500 bytes. That said, poor practise on
> setting up firewall rules (blocking all ICMP) is just as bad as pMTU
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMTU) then also fails.

Yeah, it's particularly annoying when our firewalls explicitly
allow all ICMP packets, but some get filtered out in transit
anyway. :-(

> Testing using 'ping -s
> 1500 <dest_ip>' is the best option to check everything will work.

This always worked, regardless of the other problems we were having.

Ah well, if all else fails, we do have an MTU .reg patch that we
can apply on all clients through Group Policy.

--
George Borisov

DXSolutions Ltd