Re: problem with recent match

Hi

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:47:34 +0000
Adam James <ad@heliosphan.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:07:38 +0100
> martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> > Nice! I'll verify this one of these days. Can I forward your email
> > to the netfilter list?
> Feel free.
Loosely following netfilter-devel, I think this is not necessary. The
ipt_recent problems are known and being worked on.

> Perhaps you could ask them why the module is still being distributed
> within the kernel tree, when submitted patches are rejected by the
> maintainers because "it needs a complete rewrite"?
Patches which don't change any of the functionality (or proc file
system entries) are currently rejected and should be only be
incorporated in the "complete rewrite" - Someone of the netfilter-devel
list though has asked, whether a new recent maintainer is searched, so
he might step up and do the work, which would be quite cool.

Regards, Alexander

--
http://www.emplify.de