Re: Multiple LAN's through one vpn

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 10:20:05AM +0100, Sturla Holm Hansen wrote:
> I have 5 customers in 1 building sharing 1 SHDSL-line, each of them have
> their own router behind the main router to segment the net and now they
> want VPN.

What do they want it for? What OSes will be connecting?

> The problem is that they should not have access to each others LAN, just
> their own, so I have to figure out a way to determine what network they
> should have access to by checking what login they use on the VPN.
> I know that multiple external IP's would solve the problem, but that's
> not an option.

Would be the simplest solution, yes.

> So could I set up a Linux VPN-server that has different routes for
> different logins?

Yes, you can. Using Openswan it is possible to restrict a connection
with "leftsubnet=$IP_RANGE". Furthermore, you may execute scripts when
starting the connection and thereby adapting your firewalling rules.
There is also a patch which provides the vpn'ed hosts with a local
IP-Address, you might be able to use this to restrict the connection
further. Depending on your situation, there might be many other options.

> Any sollutions would be much appreciated :)

As stated, a solution depends heavily on your situation.

greetings

Stefan

--
I am Deutsche Bahn AG of BORG.
Your time will be wasted. Fahrpläne are futile.