Re: VPN + multilink connection

You realy didn't give a whole layout, I was assuming you where using
crossover cables.

I see - sorry :-)

Well it would be something like this:

Box1 (dedicated server)
  - eth0 -> monster bandwith, not a problem

Box2 (home)
  - eth0 (192.168.1.2)  -> DSL nat router thing 192.168.1.1
  - eth1 (192.168.1.12) -> DSL nat router thing 192.168.1.11

Now the big question is: how do I do in order to route VPN traffic through the right gateway? At the moment everything goes to one DSL connection...

Say I have tap0 going through UDP/8000 and tap1 going through UDP/8001, and my default gateway is $GATEWAY1. What's the simplest way for me to route UDP/8001 traffic through $GATEWAY2?

I currently use firehol because it's nice and simple. Is it something I can do with firehol?

If you could let me know how to do to this it would be great - I'm stuck on this one :(

In any event you will end up using bond or eql(for slow
serial links, like if you where using internal DSL cards).  This workes
for outoging, without VPN, however for incomming trafic(on the other end)
you will most likely need to setup VPN if you need that to be balanced as
well.
Well yeah, especially since all the data is going to be transferred trhough one connection and one socket (Asterisk IAX2 VoIP protocol), in this case I'm not sure load balancing works very well without VPN.

So it seems that multiple tap VPNs bonded together might do the trick nicely. We'll see...

Also don't forget to use a shaper, I recomend the wonder shaper to start
with.
Sure. I think once this is set up I might as well set the server with monster bandwith as default gateway - this way I can do traffic shaping at both ends of the VPN link.

There's some fairly good VoIP related traffic shapers on voip-info.org - I'll use them!

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.