Re: FWbuilder 2.0.10 on Sarge

Hoi Jeremy,

>    As the one that actually maintains Fwbuilder for Debian, I can say up
> until Sarge went stable I had provided backports for Woody (previous
> stable version) for this reason. However, after some issues with the
> Debian.org host I had the backports available on (via apt even) I never
> bothered to set it back up as it didn't appear to be used.
>
>    Right now I'm trying to work on improving the package build
> environment a lil more to make it easier for me to get the new releases
> out quicker. Currently I only have 2.0.9 uploaded for Testing/Unstable.
>
>    If there is indeed a desire for backports I may work on setting that
> back up as I already use a chroot to build the packages and setting up a
> stable chroot to build in will be easy enough.

It would be of great help to me either way... backports for Sarge would
be great of course but I'm also happy to provide the community with
those backports ... once I know how to setup a safe (chroot) package
build environment.

Please let me know if I can be of any help.

brgds,
Jan

PS I have 20+ years experience with software engineering... but I've
just recently started to use Debian and Linux/Unix build environments,
so I'm running a little behind...

--

A journalist once asked the late Gandhi what he thought of the western
civilization. Gandhi replied: "Western Civilization? That would be a

----

Ships Unit
Information, Communication, Technology
Greenpeace International
Ottho Heldringstraat 5
1066 AZ  AMSTERDAM
Netherlands (MET)

direct    +31 (0)20 7182084
fax       +31 (0)20 5148151
reception +31 (0)20 5148150
email     jan.bakuwel&int.greenpeace.org
private   jan.bakuwel&hccnet.nl
(replace & by @ in the emailaddress)