Re: iptables help

Paul wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Yes, I just got a debian box for my business and didn't used Debian
> before nor have experience as a sysadmin.
> Despite what it says on:
> man /etc/default/iptables
> I thought of giving it a try. :)
> Is there a better alternative I should try?

I like shorewall, because it allows you to group hosts into zones, and
then define policies (general or default rules) and rules (exceptions to
policies) between those zones, without having to worry about the
physical interface or IP address when you write every rule.  All of your
iptables knowledge is not wasted, but shorewall takes the hard work out
of it for you.

Shorewall's syntax and the number of options available can be
bewildering at first, but the documentation for it is immense, and
well-maintained.  See http://shorewall.net for more info.

--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>