iptables help

Hi there,

I got a funny situation when using iptables. Start with a clean sheet:
# iptables --list
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

I'm adding INPUT ACCEPT's for loopback, local interface, local
machines and the machine I'm connection from:
# iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
# iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0.0.0.0/0 -j ACCEPT
# iptables -A INPUT -s x.com -d y.com -j ACCEPT
# iptables --list
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  192.168.1.0/24       anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  x.com                y.com

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

And, I'm setting the INPUT policy to DROP:
# iptables -P INPUT DROP

Now if I try a
# iptables --list
the output comes one line at a time and with big delays.

Am I missing something?

Thank you,
Paul