Re: how to make my dhcp client always reuse it's fixed address

2005. június 13. 02:14,
Paul Gear <paul@gear.dyndns.org>
-> debian-firewall@lists.debian.org,:
> LeVA wrote:
> > In the dhclient3 man I read that it will reuse that address, if it is
> > in the dhcp.leases file, and it is not expired. Is it possible to "turn
> > off" this expire feature for fixed-address hosts, so they can always
> > reuse their previous address?
>
> Simple workaround: make your lease time longer.  Unless you are
> expecting to change your network a *lot*, there is no reason to use a
> lease time less than 7-10 days.  I run a school network with over 400
> nodes, and we use a lease time of 40 days.

Thanks Paul!

Please let me ask another question;

I noticed that the dhcp server logs it's leases to /var/lib/dhcp3/dhcpd.leases
file. But it only logs the non fixed-address leases. Could the server write
the fixed-address leases to that leases file too (if this make sense), or I
have to read these fixed leases from it's log file.

Thanks!

Daniel

--
LeVA