Re: Linux server + Problem with Windows Update and other

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:24:05 +0100, fear81@gazeta.pl <fear81@gazeta.pl> wrote:
> I've got such a problem I have got a server on Linux Mandrake 10.1 and
> I can't use some program updates that probably use https connection
> like updates from Windows Update (site just hangs), MSN Messenger
> (can't connect) and for example Mozzilla Firefox Update. I've been
> looking for some answers on mailing lists but there is only said that
> somebody found the answer
> http://lists.shorewall.net/pipermail/shorewall-users/2004-February/011124.html
> and I still can't find the solution. Some people say it's shorewall other that
> it's squid problem. Configuration is set to default at the moment and it's not working.
> Help please :-)

Hi,
First of all, this is a debian list and it´s probably different the
default settings of mandrake and debian. May be a Mandrake list will
help you more ;-)

And now the matter. ¿the stations can connect to internet? (web, mail, pings...)
You can try to access directly without proxy to find if the problem is
in the proxy or the firewall, and look what services work or don´t
(windows update, msn, etc).
Keep in mind that default squid only works with http traffic.

Sort answer, we need more info.