Linux server + Problem with Windows Update and other

I've got such a problem I have got a server on Linux Mandrake 10.1 and
I can't use some program updates that probably use https connection
like updates from Windows Update (site just hangs), MSN Messenger
(can't connect) and for example Mozzilla Firefox Update. I've been
looking for some answers on mailing lists but there is only said that
somebody found the answer
http://lists.shorewall.net/pipermail/shorewall-users/2004-February/011124.html
and I still can't find the solution. Some people say it's shorewall other that
it's squid problem. Configuration is set to default at the moment and it's not working.
Help please :-)