Re: sarge firewall

----- Original Message ----- From: "Altern8" <Altern8@ntlworld.com>
To: "vizi0n (debian-firewall)" <debian-firewall@vizi0n.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: sarge firewall

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I used apt-get install to installed firehol, but now I am stuck. I went to the website, and tried to follow the tutorial there, but nothing seemed to work. I tried to install the latest version of iptables, but I have already installed the latest version.

Just making sure, do you have netfilter and everything firewall/router related loaded into your kernel?

I tried --> /etc/init.d/firehol helpme >/tmp/firehol.conf but gave me nothing

also I tried --> firehol.sh helpme again nothing

The best help is really going on the website and checking out the commands section (as well as seeking the forums on the FireHOL website). But just remember that you have to reload FireHOL everytime you change something in the config file (and when you do that, your router/firewall will still be active with the current rules, until the new rules are generated) so you won't have any downtime.

Do you think I should try to download *.bz2 file or can you give me a few ideas to try.

There are a couple sample .conf in the bz2 archive found on SF.net, which can be a good start.

Give it a try, if I was able to do it, you can as well. Trust me :)

viz