Re: sarge firewall

I know that this is not a "direct answer" but I would recommend using FireHOL if you are beginning to play around with firewalls and routing. It is quite easy to setup and includes some great templates.

You can "apt-get install firehol" and seek some information on http://firehol.sf.net but keep in mind that this is only a frontend to generate iptables commands so you will need iptables as well. FireHOL takes a little while to load/reload but is very effective.

I've been running my router/firewall box using FireHOL since this summer and it works like a charm :)

viz