Re: Path MTU (was: RE:)

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers said:
>> Also applies to more than icmp. Wrong interface? -- drop.
>
> REJECT, not DROP.

If I get a packet from the 'net that tries to tell me it's coming from
an ip that is connected to me via a different interface than where it
came in on[1], then I'm assuming spoofing and dropping it on the floor.
I'm not going to REJECT and send an icmp port unreachable back. Anyway,
if I can't figure out what interface to send it out on, the packet is
not going to get to the destination anyway.

[1] Assuming there is no asynchronous routing going on.

/phil