Re: no ipchains with 2.2/no network with 2.4

In fact, I would say that recompile a kernel is not very difficult,
really. You have some commands to know, some packages to install, and
it's allright.

 If you speak french, I have written a tutorial debian for newbie,
where I explain how to recompile a personnal kernel ( normal way and
debian way ) :

http://www.pcinpact.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24097

 and a friend of mine has written another one where he explains the
differents options in the kernel configuration interface.

  Am I'm sure that there is a lot of good tutorials about recompiling
its own kernel.

  About iptables, I think the best you have to do is to download one
from another debian user, I could send you mine, which assumes
ipconntrack too. It run on a gateway with  Apache server. And if you
read french, I could send you a very good ( and simple ) how-to about
iptables. I haven't yet written my own tutorial about
iptables/ipconntrack.

   And don't forget : "Linux is user friendly, it's just very
selective about who his friends are."

 Rem