Ip table

I know I am new at this so here is my question:

-I set up bastille + firestarter (2 better than one isn't it)
- I have snort with acidlab
-I have portsentry

Acidlab reports lots of attempts through an ISP in Sweden apparently.

I believe that my setup is correct and the attempts (not enough time to
get familiar with acidlab) are useless.

The ip address of these "attempts" is 80.xxx.xxx.x.  Now, I was thinking
in blocking this as follows.

iptables -A INPUT -s 80.xxxx -j DROP

Is this correct?  can I add this rule at boot time? Is there a way to do
it on firestarter?

I don't even know if I am doing the right.

Thanks,

Joe M.