Re: Validating NT thought a natting firewall

--- Leonardo Boselli <leo@dicea.unifi.it> wrote:
> Tried, lmhosts and wins are correct, still does not work !

*correct* is seamingly a relitive term in the MS env.  There are too many
places where diologs show correctness where to OS still is not functional.

I my self have had wins not workout properly, here are some thingst to
check.

1. Has the computer account been crated.
This is the most difficult part of getting a wins setup too work.  I have
sometimes had success with manualy adding the computer account(as an
essecial step).  Then with another network I had to reboot and uninstall
TCP and reinstall to get the computer too add itself an acount.

2. Can every one 'see' every one else via wins?

3. That your install is freshly formated and no 3rd party or 2nd party
apps have benn installed.