Re: can an 'unstable' system be made secure?

Hi.  According to people on the Debian security list, security fixes
happen in stable and unstable.  Testing isn't supported by the Debian
security team.  Because unstable is updated quickly, it will get the
security fixes.  If you look at an announcement on
debian-security-announce, you will notice they list stable and unstable
versions of the affected package.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny