Re: Validating NT thought a natting firewall

I think you have this backwards, are you talking about --to-source or
--source?  I'm also wondering why not just use proxy-arp(setup with the
arp cmd) and setup the internal IPs tobe what the external IPs are?  This
way the router can focus on fierwalling trafic and not needing todo any
nat.

You should be using...
iptable $OTHEROPTS -i eth<to world> --destination <IP.ext> DNAT
--to-destination <IP.int>

iptable $OTHEROPTS -o eth<to world> --source <IP.int> SNAT --to-source
<IP.ext>

Then use "-t filter -? FORWARD" to setup all your allow/deny/drop rules.
Also don't forget to use "-m state NEW" and "-m state ESTABLISHED/RELATED"
for conection traking to take effect(so I'm told).