Re: Validating NT thought a natting firewall

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> I think you have this backwards, are you talking about --to-source or
> --source?  I'm also wondering why not just use proxy-arp(setup with the
> arp cmd) and setup the internal IPs tobe what the external IPs are?  This
> way the router can focus on fierwalling trafic and not needing todo any
> nat.

Proxy-arp would mean that in the "satellite" submet i would have 4 hosts
with address not in that net. No problem giving to these hosts 2
addresses, unless it could break some other things. BTW if someone
from 192.168.19.66 try to access a.b.c.194 that is inside that net, even
if has a second address 192.168.19.194 ?
PS: do you have an howto un proxy-arp option ?