Re: Firewall Debian vs SUSE

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:44:37 +0100, Alfonso Mora wrote
> I?m having a meting at work, where is going to be taken de decision off
installing several firewalls with linux.

<>The two choices are suse or Debian

  <>

> Any suggestions to help defending Debian solution?

APT

Debian does such a good job with its security updates that I much prefer to
use it over any other distro. Even though your server will be a firewall
server, it still needs to be hardened and patched when exploits are found.
I find this very easy to do on a Deb box.
Plus, the Debian's whole policy on software is great in respect to the GNU
world. Therefore, any updates or extra installed software will have to pass
the policies before its allowed into the distribution.

Cheers,