Re: No access to some websites

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 08:51, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> --- Alberto Mardegan <mardy@despammed.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> >   I hope not to be too much offtopic; I'm using a Debian PC which is
> > connected to the internet with an USB ADSL modem and to some (2) windows
> > PCs though a wireless lan. I currently use no firewall at all (but I'll
> > be soon), and this is the script wlan.sh which is invoked when the
> > wireless interfaces get started (through the "up" command"):
> >
> This was brought up in a previous bug report, IIRC the bug report was soon
> closed and an argument insued.  The problem might be that Debian ships
> it's kernels with ECN enabled, this is better for the REST of the internet
> where ENC workes correctly.

Hi,

looks really like ECN-problem. Maybe you would like to switch ECN of?
With the PROC-Filesystem ("ls -al /proc" should show many entries) you
could do a  "echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn" as user root.

"cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn" gives you a "1" if ECN is active, a "0"
if its inactive.

Yours W.Essig