Re: Optimizing Kernel for huge iptables ruleset

Try a B-list algo(A guess).

When black listing the binary 10011010101 one would do.
match 10000000000/1
match 10000000000/2
match 10000000000/3
match 10010000000/4

and so on, not that the other rules that don't match are missing.  The
idea is that ONLY ip's that start with 10011 are checked to see if thay
match 10011010101.  The length of each check will be determined by the
full list of IP's your looking for.

Try too keep the total number of checks for ANY ip(the full set of 0.0.0.0
- 255.255.255.255) low(4 to 10).