..d-u support sponsorships, was: Problem with ppp keeping link up

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:41:25 -0700 (PDT), Mike wrote in message
<[🔎] 20041012184125.26258.qmail@web11903.mail.yahoo.com>:

> --- bmward@inet.net.nz wrote:
>
> > I note that back in Jan 2003, someone had the same problem but got
> > no response on the debian-user mailing list.
> >
> It's good too see that this list is functioning and there are ppl
> around to answer questions.  As for the debian-user list I don't have
> enuff time to listen in for network related questions and direct them
> to here.  I hope that some/any one would be kind enuff todo so and
> encourage other to take the time todo so, when time is avalible.
>
> Dito for debian-devel and any other list.

..how about sponsorships?  You can easily spend a 16 hour working day
at d-u to keep up with it, and face it, _somebody_ has to pay for all
that time.  As I write this, I have 30470 unread of 67172 since joining
d-u in August last year until wisening up the same way Lawrence Lessig
did in January this year, bills to pay and Groklaw.net, FlightGear.org
and IPCop.org.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: