Re: Firewall startup script

On 7 Sep 2004, Lorenzo Rossi wrote:
> I need to load my firewall script at startup, but I do not know how to do
> this...I do not know how to write a startup script with
> "start|stop|restart" options....could you halp me giving an example you
> are using...?
> Or do you have any suggestion?

It is pretty easy:  copy the file /etc/init.d/skeleton to
/etc/init.d/<myname> and work from there. :)

Also, read the manual page for 'update-rc.d' when you want to know how
to activate it at the right runlevel.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Acting is not very hard. The most important things are to be able to laugh and
cry. If I have to cry, I think of my sex life. And if I have to laugh, well, I