Re: Blocking internal ports

Hi,

Use proxy server like squid - it's easyer than using just a firewall
like iptables.

with a proxy server you can build a acls to block users, ip address,
urls, etc...

with a firewall server you can build acls to block ip address, ports,
etc... but it's more difficult to block users.

another approach is to block ms-messenger to be executed by users - you
can use ms approach (policies), you can use personal firewalls or any
other applications that blocks applications to be executed.

Marcos Carneiro da Rocha