Re: Iptables firewall

I won't be able to do this until later in the day but this antivirus does
not detect anything in /proc/kcore anymore.  It is strange that a scan
with f-prot (up to date) did not detect anything (done after vexira
detected the signature in /proc/kcore).

I also thought that the antivirus scanner is seeing a copy of it's own
definition in kcore.  I emailed vexira and support staff said that they
don't think so and that it does not happen for them.

Just for curiosity, I ran an exhaustive scan all over and vexira dound a
signature in a tcpdump.log (a code Red--AFAIK, this is a windows worm).
Of course, I deleted this file.

In summary,:
a) vexira does not detect anything in /proc/kcore (before and after
deleting that tcpdump.log) except on one ocassion and it dissapeared after
reboot.

b)Support staff at vexira apparently cannot reproduce this.

c) fprot does not detect the signature.

I am curious to know how booting with a different kernel (from a cd
install, for example) will determine if it is an error?
What is the rationale, if you wish to share?

Joe M.