Re: Iptables firewall

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Sykotic wrote:

> Does anyone know where I could find like a tutorial or reference for
> using IPTables to build a firewall for just 1 pc? All the documents I've
> found mainly covered the use of IPTables for routing on a gateway
> machine...and really just glossed over the firewalling aspect.

If you want to get down to the nitty gritty of it you could use my
example ruleset. It is made for a single host and is quite strict in
what it allows, but it is not optimized for speed (because it is meant
for teaching people how to build rulesets, but on a normal workstation
you shouldn't notice this). See if it fits your needs. You can find it
(including information on how to set it up) at

http://huizen.dto.tudelft.nl/devries/security/iptables_example.html

HTH

Grx HdV