Canonical way to change hardware addr on DHCP interface?

Hello!

I want to configure an ethernet interface by DHCP, but I have
to fake its hardware address. No problem if I do it manually
(just "ifconfig eth3 hw ether 01:23:45:67:89:01" works fine),
it is documented for /etc/network/interfaces for static interfaces
as "hwaddress ether bl:ah:wh:at:ev:er" and for bootp interfaces
too (strangely enough it is called "hwaddr" there).

Is there an *right*, clean way to get this done with dhcp in
/etc/network/interfaces, or do I have to hack something up badly?
(and create a mess I can't remember a year from now ; )

TIA
/ralph