Debian Firewall Problems

Hi,

     I have an Conectiva Linux firewall with the follow structure:

          Net1 (10.2.1.0/24) ---- FIREWALL1 ---- Net2 (10.255.255.0/24) ---
FIREWALL2 ---- INTERNET

     The interface 1 (Net1) of the Firewall is 10.2.1.254 and the interface
2 (Net 2) is 10.255.255.250. This structure is working fine on a Conectiva
Linux but now,  I'm replacing the Conectiva and put a Debian :]

     The Debian firewall will have the same structure of the Conectiva
Firewall.

     I set up the new firewall and configured it like the conectiva but, I'm
having some problems:

             1. When I try to ping, using a machine on Net1, the interfaces
1 and 2 of the firewall1, it works fine but, if I ping others machines on
Net2, it doesn't work
             2.  If I try access the Internet using a machine on Net1, I
can't.

     I used the commands:

                sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
                sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter=0

     but, I still can't access the Internet.

     I'm a bit confuse because this is working fine on a Conectiva but, in
the Debian not. My iptables rules is accepting everything while I'm doing
the tests. I'm not using NAT.

    Does anyone could help me please ? Is the anything specific to set up on
Debian Linux ?

              Thanks,

        Robert