Re: DNS-Problem with ADSL-Router

Michelle Konzack wrote:
After installing the Debian-Base, mc, less, snort and ulogd from the localnet all was working fine. But now my /var/log/mail.(err,info,log,warn) is filling up.
Exactly, it tels me, that sSMTP "can not locate smtp.wanadoo.fr"

Or better, I have no outgouing connections in any way.
OK, because my iptables Problem, I have tried to clear all !!!
Set the policy to ACCEPT...
But nothing is working.

Normaly I am using the DNS 193.252.19.3 and 193.252.19.4, but now with the ADSL I have on the ADSL-Router in the /etc/resolv.conf 80.10.246.1
and 80.10.246.132

How can I stop this crap ?

In /etc/ppp/peers/wanadoo.fr I have deletd the entry "usepeerdns" but it does not help.

What does your routing table look like? What are the outputs from "iptables -L -n -v" and "iptables -t nat -L -n -v"?

mickey