Re: system requirements

 --- Pierre THIERRY <pierre.thierry@moine-fou.org> escribió:
> > I would be looking close at 500+MHz for the CPU, to be honest.
>
> It seems very huge to me! I heard many running some 486 or pentium as
> thier firewall...

I have to agree with that.

I run a Pentium Pro 200 MHz w/ 128 MB RAM.  Here are the functions it serves:

-Firewall/router (NAT)
-File server
-Print server
-Apt Proxy

It doesn't even break a sweat for that.  The only thing that causes any problem
is transfering really big files, because I always use scp for that, it chews
up all the available cycles pretty quickly.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es