Proxy Arp Was: Whacky Iptables Wizardry

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 06:56 pm, Lucas J Barbuto wrote:
> I can't remember, I'm pretty sure both entries were still there, one
> with an 'M' for manual next to it.  I'll try it out again but with two
> static entries and see what happens this time.  Isn't it a little
> kludgey doing it this way though?  I wonder why the proxy ARP doesn't
> work properly...

I'd look into which machine isn't actually doing the right thing when things
break : do a tcpdump of arp traffic on both machines and see what's going
on... it may very well be a buggy version of the proxy arp daemon or
something. But we have to first determine which machine is actually having
the fault.

Also, one thing to do would be to double check the arp entries against the
actual hardware addresses : I've seen weird problems like this turn out to be
an IP address conflict on the network somewhere ...

GPG : http://n12turbo.com/tarragon/public.key