Fwd: Undeliverable: Fwd: Re: more networking stuff

--- Begin Message ---
Your message

  To:      debain-firewall@lists.debian.org
  Subject: Fwd: Re: more networking stuff
  Sent:    Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:01:02 -0400

debain-firewall@lists.debian.org on Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:59:36 -0400
    The recipient name is not recognized
	The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a= ;p=clark
university;l=PEGASUS0306200059MZX4PJ91
    MSEXCH:IMS:Clark University:CLARKU:PEGASUS 3550 (000B09B6) 550
<debain-firewall@lists.debian.org>: User unknown

--- Begin Message ---

Hmm i was thinking it might be a crossover/straight cable problem, but
when i
plug the hub in the router and then the hub to my computers everything
works
fine. I'll try to get my hands on some straights and give it a swing.

TIA

Jule

On Thursday 19 June 2003 20:46, you wrote:
> Hi Jule,
>
> This might be a shot in the dark, but to me it sounds like you have a
> crossed
> cable and an uplink port in the hub. Since most ethernet cables are
> straight the ports on the hub transmits on the same pin as the clients
> listens too and vice versa.
> To be able to connect a hub to another hub there usually is a uplink
> port that
> you could swap the connections on so it could act as a client port.
>
> Try to change the cables or the hub port the server is connected to.
>
> Good luck!
> Göran Axelsson
>
> Jule Slootbeek wrote:

- - --