IP aliasing problems.

Hello,

I have this problem with one of my servers. It has 4 external IP
addresses and since we moved the server room we've been having big
problems with that machine.

I'm using random external ip-s for examples.

Before:
IP: 10.10.1.1 Netmask: 255.255.255.0
IP: 10.10.1.2 Netmask: 255.255.255.0
IP: 10.10.1.3 Netmask: 255.255.255.0
IP: 10.10.1.4 Netmask: 255.255.255.0

After the move:
IP: 10.10.10.1 Netmask: 255.255.255.0
IP: 10.10.10.2 Netmask: 255.255.255.0
IP: 10.10.10.3 Netmask: 255.255.255.0
IP: 10.10.10.4 Netmask: 255.255.255.0

Everything was working before the move, after the move I cant get 4 IP-s
to stay up at one time. They seem to go down randomly or some just don't
come up at all. It's different after each reboot.

/etc/network/interfaces file has been double and triple checked. The
machine had the latest 21-rcx kernel before, I've even downgraded it to
2.4.20 just in case. We have tried replacing the network card and also
the hub. I've disabled the firewall so that can't be blocking ping's
either. The NIC is a D-Link 530 with a tulip driver.

>From google I've found some stuff that says you can't have ip aliases on
one nic that connect to each other, but I'm not sure if that's true
anymore (the post was from 2001 and it worked fine before).

Also I've changed /proc/sys/net/ip_forwarding to 1, but imho that
shouldn't affect aliasing..allthough one post I found claimed does.

I have also tried it from a Windows box and it works perfectly
(allthough no services were listening).

I just don't know what to do anymore, can anyone help?

Oh, please cc me on all replies, I'm not subscribed to debian-firewall
anymore.