Re: Limit number of simultaneous TCP connections per IP

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 15:10:55 -0300 (BRT), Alvaro Reguly <debian@reguly.net> wrote:

Hello, I want to limit the maximum number of simultaneous TCP
connections per IP number, say I don't want people flashgeting
stuff from my webserver with 50 threads or something.

I am using a per minute limit, but as a matter of fact, I would like
to limit people from download stuff at all times, not just that 60/minute
interval.

How do I do that? Theses lines are ok? won't they limit simultaneous
connections from all IPs at the same time? Did I make myself clear? :)

$IPT -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m state --state NEW -m limit --limit 60/minute --limit-burst 6 -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

Thanks

Yes, they are limiting everyone.
There is a patch in patch-o-matic (netfilter sources) that does exactly what you are needing.

Good Luck,
Koba