Re: ip aliasing, virtual interfaces and incorrect source addresses...

In article <62662.>
matthew@okcomputer.org writes:
>I have a host (eth0 = to which I recently added a virtual
>interface (eth0:0 =  Now all  traffic that originates from
>this host has the source address of eth0:0, which is causing some problems
>with a firewall that I don't control.

I recomend using the ip command (in the iproute package) rather than
ifconfig and route.  It allows you to control details that the other
commands don't.

For example, to set up a route to using source address

ip route add dev eth0 src

Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
With Microsoft, failure is not an option.  It is a standard feature.