Re: IP alias and port forwarding - packets die at external interface

Mike Mestnik wrote:

Could it have been that you had old test rules in your table, a -F(--flush) would have fixed this.

Well, now that you mention it. My script was flushing INPUT, OUTPUT, and FORWARD, but -not- PREROUTING or POSTROUTING. That could very well have been it. Thanks.

This is a rereallyool script I use to deal with this, in a more elelegantanner.
hthttp/bugs.dedebianrorggcgiin/bubugreportgcgiug=19223

I've tried to figure out where this link is pointing, but I don't follow.