Question about "The connection was refused when..."

Hi,

I found emails with your addesses on them when searching Google on "The connection was refused when attempting to contact". I thought maybe you had discovered the solution since you got the problem. Mozilla has been working fine for me until I did two things:
1.  Installed Norton Anti-Virus
2. Updated my XP Windows with all of its suggested updates a couple of days ago when the worm hit.

Can you direct me someone who could help, or do you have suggestions? I cannot access most websites requiring an ID, Kazaa does not work, etc. and I keep getting that message "Connection refused..."

Thanks,
Bob